15 January 2011

early spring cleaning

I re-organised my calligraphy drawer this weekend in what my roommate and I call Calvinist cleaning (because Calvin dumped everything out of Christianity and put back only what he thought belonged, just as I did with this drawer; in contrast to Lutheran cleaning, which consists of taking out what doesn't belong without emptying the drawer first).  I forgot to take 'before' pictures, but the result is below.  The brown cardboard trays are made of identically-sized Amazon boxes with the tops removed; I used the leftover cardboard and some duct tape to add corners to the first tray so that the second wouldn't fall into it.

Layer one: tissue paper and scrap paper (blue file box); scrap cardstock, paper, and stickers (pink file box); boughten stationery, stickers for sealing envelopes, ribbon, ink, and chop (cardboard tray); sharpies and coloured ball-points (grey pencil-case); tape (pink bag); ruler and plain 4x6 envelopes.


Layer two (above the aforenamed items): precut cardstock, scrap cardstock too large for the file box, and new pen sets (cardboard tray); purple calligraphy case.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a true Calvinist cleaning. A sight to behold! I fear that my Lutheran tendencies oft prevent me from reaching such orderliness.

    ReplyDelete

Because this blog is now archived, it is unlikely that I will allow new comments to be posted. You are welcome to contact me through the form on the 'About' page.