22 February 2011

in case anyone wondered...

I am still alive but buried under mountains of knowledge.  Lately my pursuit of calligraphy has been limited to homework for my Chinese calligraphy class, none of which is remotely good enough to post.  Still, I hope to hold another contest soon.

In case you are having trouble deciding what kind of flowers should adorn your next calligraphy project, I found a webpage (here) that lists the meaning of flowers according to an 1847 book, in alphabetical order by meaning.  So if you are doing Keats's famous line, Beauty is truth, truth beauty, try a border of roses and nightshade....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because this blog is now archived, it is unlikely that I will allow new comments to be posted. You are welcome to contact me through the form on the 'About' page.