30 September 2011

new pens!


Having become rather bored of posting so many pencil psalms one at a time, I posted the rest of them (seven) all at once, in different posts, of course, because I like to keep things ridiculously neat.

In other news, I have two new black pens.  The picture above shows all my working black pens (minus duplicates, sharpies, and dry-erase markers).  The first is a Sheaffer 0.8 mm (fine) fountain pen with a black cartridge; it has windows in the side so that one can see how much ink is left.  Next is an Uchida calligraphy marker, though most of the label has worn off, with a 2.0 mm and a 3.5 mm tip; and then a Torpille ballpoint (made in Korea), marked both 'medium' and 'finer,' whatever that means.  Fourth is my beloved Uniball Signo 207 ballpoint, a smooth gel that dries quickly without bleeding.  The last two pens are new: a Uniball Signo 207 Micro, the same as the aforementioned pen, except finer; and a gift from a friend, a Pilot Precise V5 ballpoint, extra fine.  The Pilot is liquid and very responsive to pressure, so it does bleed sometimes, but only enough to look (and feel) like a very fine Chinese ink brush.

Alas, it is time, I fear, to bid farewell to these felt-tips: two ZIG Millennium, a Pigma Micron 0.5, and three Pigma Callipen 1.8 mm chisel-tips.  They have served me well.



I have raved about my pens long enough, now, though.  Perhaps if I get time I will post a project this weekend, or even a contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because this blog is now archived, it is unlikely that I will allow new comments to be posted. You are welcome to contact me through the form on the 'About' page.